Giving Hero values and respects your right to privacy. As we collect, use, store, and dispose information you provide us, we will faithfully steward this information and treat it with utmost respect and confidentiality.
We are committed to following general principles and rules of data privacy protection in the Philippines. This policy is in compliance with Republic Act No. 10173 or the Data Privacy Act of 2012 and its implementing rules and regulations.
This policy covers the collection, use, access, sharing, retention, and disposal of your information. As you decide how to share your personal information with us and others, we encourage you to also take the necessary precautions to protect your own privacy.
Why We Collect Personal Information
We collect information so we can:
1. Acknowledge, update, and communicate with our partners and subscribers about their support;
2. Work with our volunteers and communicate with them regarding our events;
3. Review and continuously improve our services and channels, including but not limited to, our websites, social network accounts, and applications.
What Type of Information We Collect
In the course of communicating with you, we may collect information, understanding that much of it is considered personal and sensitive.
We collect contact details, such as the following, only when you knowingly and voluntarily submit them to us:
- Your full legal name
- Your e-mail address
- Your mobile number
- Your gender
- Your birthday
Where We Get This Information
We collect information only when you knowingly and voluntarily submit them to us. In general, we collect this information through:
- Personal, face-to-face contact;
- Phone calls;
- Message channels (including, but not limited to, SMS, Viber, and Facebook Messenger);
- Forms (including, but not limited to, sign-up sheets)
- Online channels (including but not limited to, social media, official websites, and applications); and
- Other channels in the course of rendering our services to you.
Who We Share Your Information With
We have set in place reasonable and appropriate processes and technologies to safeguard your personal information. We do not disclose or share your personal information without your permission, except when required by law or the appropriate government agencies. We do not rent, sell, or exchange your information.
We may share your personal information with authorized personnel and third-party service providers, but only the information needed for them to deliver specific objectives or facilitate specific processes. These personnel and providers include: Authorized personnel, including the staff and key volunteers during events.
Third-party Service Providers:
- payment gateway and information technology systems;
- Government agencies, if we have a good-faith belief that sharing this information is necessary to detect, prevent, or otherwise address any legal issues under the laws of the Republic of the Philippines.
All staff and third-party service providers are held to strict confidentiality obligations consistent with what is required by law, and will be held accountable if they fail to meet these obligations.
How We Protect Your Information
We have set up reasonable and appropriate organizational, physical, and technical safeguards for your personal information, protecting it from loss, misuse, or unauthorized processing.
We will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed for any purpose.
Updating Your Personal Information
If you would like to update your personal information, please send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.